Wreck Diving Specialty Course at the Similan islands
The PADI Wreck Diving Specialty course is popular specialty courses to do in Khao Lak. Khao Lak and the Similan islands have a lot of dive sites with wrecks.
There’s nothing like the excitement and thrill of diving a wreck for the first time. As a wreck is a work of a mankind, it offers diversity, attractions, and opportunities that are not found in natural dive environments. Wrecks are intriguing to explore and usually teeming with aquatic life.
The fun part of the Wreck Diver Specialty course is visiting wrecks, unlocking mysteries and starting to gain the knowledge and experience that allows you to see things that others overlook. The Wreck Diver Specialty course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
Throughout the course, you will learn:
- Theory related to Wreck Dives
- Techniques for diving exploring shipwrecks, and how to avoid common hazards
- The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels
- How to research and learn the background of the wrecks
- Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
- Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
- Experience in planning, organizing and making at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your Instructor
- Limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures
After the course you will be certified Wreck specialty Diver, and the world of wreck diving around the world will be open to you.
- Start Everyday!
Wreck Diving Specialty Course Prerequisites:
To enroll in the Wreck Diving Specialty you must:
- Be 15 years old or older
- You need to be an Adventure Diver or Advanced Open Water Diver qualified
Wreck Diving Specialty Course Schedule:
Course can be done with daytrips to local wreck dives, or during liveaboard:
Wreck Diving Course: :
- This course will take 2 days to complete and you will go to two different local wrecks. You will do 2 dives a day and your instructor will go over the theory before and in between dives.
- If done during liveaboards you will as well dive 2 wrecks during the trip
Wreck Dive Course Questions:
- What to bring?
Dive gear, sun-cream, towel.
- Why wreck am I gonna dive?
You can choose your wreck diving daytrip to the wreck of your choice.
- We recommend you to combine with the Nitrox course to have longer dives at the wrecks
Wreck Specialty Course Prices:
|All included Price|
|On Liveaboard: Liveaboard price||+6800 THB|
|On Daytrip: Daytrip price||+6800 THB|
Price all included, includes: PADI Book or online book, Course materials + Certification, taxi from Khao Lak.