Underwater Photography Course at the Similan islands
The PADI Underwater Photography Course specialty will teach you how to take pictures underwater. Taking underwater pictures is one of the most difficult diving skill to master, you need to have a very good buoyancy, adjust camera settings while being underwater.
Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving specialties. With the rise of digital cameras, we are no longer limited to 36 photos film cameras. Digital underwater photography is now so much easier and more fun than ever as we have access to many features such as scene modes and the ability to see the composition of the shot before you take it.
This course is suitable for both divers and snorkelers. It will take 2 days to complete the course. After you complete the course, you will receive a PADI Underwater Photography specialty certification card. Take this opportunity to learn some tips and tricks that will help you take pictures of the beautiful underwater world.
Throughout the course, you will learn:
- Theory behind underwater photography
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you
- The method for getting great shots quickly
- The three primary principles for good underwater photos
- Use of filters and white balance
- Photography composition
- Introduction to the use of computers to crop, retouch your pictures
This course is great fun and you will bring back beautiful pictures form your dives.
- Start Everyday!
Rescue Diver Course Prerequisites:
To enroll in the Rescue Course you must:
- Be 12 years old or older
- This course can be done as a snorkeler or a diver. For diver, you need to be at least (Jr.) Open Water Diver qualified
Underwater Photography course Schedule:
Example of Schedule 2 days course:
Underwater Photography Course: :
- Photography Theory – Learn about the different types of camera available and camera features
- Exposure, white balance, filters and other features
- Proper composition as well as the best ways to take a photo, when and if you should use a flash, and how to angle the camera
- We will do two dives so that you have lots of opportunity to practice new skills. In between each dive, your instructor will go through your photos and will give you comments and tips to improve on your skills
- What to bring?
Your underwater camera, computer if you have.
- Do I need my own camera to do the course?
The camera is not provided, you can rent one from us or bring your own or buy one from our retail shop.
- Do I keep the pictures after the course?
Of course you can keep your picture, we can transfer the picture to you on your USB stick or by email.
Underwater Photography specialty Prices:
|All included Price|
|On Liveaboard: Liveaboard price||+6800 THB|
|On Daytrip: Daytrip price||+6800 THB|
Price all included, includes: PADI Book or online book, Course materials + Certification, taxi from Khao Lak.