Rescue Diver Course at the Similan islands
or local Dives.
The PADI Rescue Diver Course is for divers Advanced Open Water diver or equivalent from another agency, who which improve learn about diving rescue techniques.
The course consist of rescue skills, scenario and knowledge development.
This is one of the most rewarding course, you will learn how to rescue divers underwater, at the surface, special towing techniques related to diving.
To start the course you need to have a valid EFR certificate or First Aid certification from another agency.
Many divers take this course to make there buddy feel safer and to be able to handle a diving emergency properly.
The PADI Rescue Diver course is made of:
- Knowledge Development: Learn the theory behind the rescue skills, panic divers, self rescue, unconscious divers.
- Rescue Skills: You will learn rescue skills and techniques separately, master then to be able to use then later one during real scenarios.
- Rescue Scenarios: you will do 2 open water dives scenario, from lost diver, find him underwater, bring the diver to the surface, start towing and rescue breath to the boat, bring him on-board, CPR + administration of oxygen. This 2 full scenarios will put together all the skills you learn, you will need to be focused and take the right decision while rescuing the diver.
As you can see, this is challenging and rewarding! You need to be minimum fit to do the course.
After completion of the PADI Rescue Diver Course you will be certified Rescue Diver and be able handle dive emergency properly. Your buddy will more feel safe diving with you, this is a well respected certification.
- Start Everyday!
PADI Online E-Manual, No Paper Book, We Love & Save the Trees !
Rescue Diver Course Prerequisites:
To enroll in the Rescue Course you must:
- Be 12 years old or older
- Be PADI Adventure Diver or equivalent from another agency
- Have completed an Emergency First Response course or any First Aid courses within previous 2 years.
- Have completed the medical form and not have any medical problems
Example of Schedule related to the dive location you choose:
If you choose Rescue Course at Khao Lak local dives or Similan islands Daytrips :
- Day 1: Theory + Rescue Skills
- Day 2: Dive Scenario 1 & 2 Local Dives or Similan
If you choose Rescue Course during Liveaboard:
Exemple 1: During 2 days 1 nights liveaboard
- Day 1 & 2: Dive 1 & 2 will be replaced by Rescue skills pratice then 4 Dives at the Similans on liveaboard, the theory is done onboard as well.
- What to bring?
Sun protection, Towel, Bathing suit, Camera, your dive equipment if you have any.
- Am I going to miss some dives during the liveaboard?
YEs some dives will be replaced by rescue skills practice.
- Can I fly after diving?
You need to wait 24h before taking flying.
- Can I dive if I have Asthma?
Sorry, we do not take divers with Asthma.
- Can I dive if I have a medical problem?
You will need to fill a medical form, and get a medical certificate which allow you to dive if you have any medical problems.
- Can my kid do the course?
If he is more than 15 years old he can do the Rescue course.
Rescue Diver Course Prices:
|All included Price|
|Theory + Beach Dives||10990 THB|
|Theory + pool + 2 Local dives||12990 THB|
|Theory + pool + 2 Similan Islands Dives||14990 THB|
|On Liveaboard: Liveaboard price||+ 8500 THB|
|EFR||+ 4790 THB|
|Private Instructor||+ 2000 THB/Day|
Price all included, includes: Full set equipment + dive computer, lunch, taxi from Khao Lak, dive guide ratio 1 to 4 or 5, water, coffee, tea.
Not Included: dive insurance, Soft drinks.