Nitrox Specialty Course at the Similan islands
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is one of the most popular specialty courses. Scuba diving with enriched air Nitrox gives you more no-decompression dive time. This means more time underwater, especially on repetitive dives. (Especially useful on liveaboards)
Your instructor will get you to complete the Independent study prior to the course. For the Enriched Air (Nitrox) Diver specialty course you will read the Enriched Air (Nitrox) diving manual, complete the knowledge review and have it checked by your Instructor when you arrive the dive center. There is a short exam and then a practical session where we will show you how to analyses a Nitrox tank and how to get a Nitrox fill from a dive center. After all the knowledge reviews, exam and practical components have been done, we will issue your certification. You are now an Enriched Air (Nitrox) Diver!
Throughout the course, you will learn:
- Theory related to Enriched Air Dives
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air Nitrox
- Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
- Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what’s in your scuba tank and how to set your dive computer
Nitrox is a great way to spend more time underwater at a certain depth, great to explore wrecks in the 18 to 30 m depth range. You will feel less tired after consecutive dives, have a shorter surface interval and absorb less nitrogen in your body tissue.
- Start Everyday!
Nitrox Specialty Course Prerequisites:
To enroll in the Nitrox Course you must:
- Be 15 years old or older
- Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
Nitrox Course Schedule:
Course can be done without dives, or during daytrip or liveaboard:
Nitrox Course: :
- This course will take 1-2 days to complete. Theory only takes only 1 day. Theory + Training dives takes 2 days. You will do 2 dives with Nitrox on the second day
- Please note that you do not need to do the dives to get the certification. If you have limited time, you can just do the 1 day theory
Nitrox Course Questions:
- What to bring?
Dive gear, sun-cream, towel.
- Can I deeper after this course?
No, the Nitrox course is not to dive deeper but to dive longer between 10 to 30 m depth range. Oxygen being toxic at depth the more oxygen there is in your Nitrox mix, the shallower you have to dive. Usual mix are 32% up to 40% in recreational diving.
- How much longer can I stay underwater with Nitrox?
Nitrox increase no-decompression limit by 10 to 40% longer dive time at a certain depth.
Nitrox Specialty Course Prices:
|All included Price|
|On Liveaboard: Liveaboard price||+7100 THB on liveaboard*|
*Prices can change depending on the liveaboard
Price all included, includes: 2 Nitrox tanks if you dive on daytrip, PADI online book, Course materials + Certification.
Taxi from hotel is not Khao Lak (add 1000 THB/pers).