Divemaster course Intership Thailand
at the Similan islands
The PADI Divemaster Course and PADI Divemaster Internship in Khao Lak will train you at the Similan islands to become a Divemaster the first professional diving level of the dive industry. Khao Lak is a great place to learn, quite, beautiful diving, we offer the best prices for your Thailand Divemaster training and the best dives of Thailand compared to other islands like Koh tao. Experience your training during liveaboard and daytrips, diving with giant Manta rays and whale shark you can’t beat that !
The BEST Diving of Thailand Start from 29900 THB!
The choice is easy to make:
- Our Divemaster trainees are part of the Explorer family
- Dedicated Instructor for our divemaster course
- Best dives of Thailand (Manta rays, Whale sharks, Turtles in Similan are common sight)
- Small group: 4 max
- Dive on liveaboards and daytrips
- 40 to 100 dives!
- Best Prices guaranty! and best facilities
- Participate in Shark Guardian program, awareness program and conservation
- 6, 10 or 12 weeks program
- Fun and rewarding training program
- Easy Job finding after completion of the course
- Welcome to the Explorer Family
Divemaster course in Khao Lak
Khao Lak offers a very nice place with the best diving of the Andaman sea and Thailand. Perfect location to experience a proper divemaster training with diferent kind of diving, liveaboards, daytrips, local dives.
Our Team is here to Guide you through your DiveMaster Course
Khao Lak Explorer welcome to the Family
You will get involved in the daily life of the dive center, dive local dives sites, Koh Bon, Tachai, Richelieu Rock during daytrips and liveaboards. The training will included a visit of the turtle farm marine conservation program, decompression chamber visit and more.
Khao Lak Explorer manage as well their own land tours excursions if you want to visit the area surrounding Khao Lak.
Change your life! Become a PADI Divemaster at the Similan islands, live and work in paradise. Your adventure into the professional level of recreational diving begins with the Dive Master Training program (DMT). Working closely with an Instructor, you will expand your dive knowledge and earn your skills to the professional level. Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you’ll learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You’ll complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems. You’ll put this knowledge into action through an internship or series of practical training exercises.
What’s our previous Divemaster trainnees thinks:
Now me and my boyfriend are cruise directors on a red sea liveaboard, thanks to Khao Lak Explorer to sponsor us and gave us a great recommendation.
Our life as changed for the best, thanks to Khao Lak Explorer Team.
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Supervise training and non-training activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist an instructor during training sessions
- Conduct Skin Diver courses and Discover Snorkeling
- Lead certified divers
- Conduct Scuba Reviews
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
- Guide Open Water students on the tour portion of Open Water course (not open water dive 1)
- Accompany students during Adventure dives or specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Conduct the Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist Aqua Mission
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course
Find more info at: PADI Divemaster Course
After the course you will be certified PADI Divemaster and will be able to start working and earn money from your passion of diving.
- Start on request
PADI Online E-Manual, No Paper Book, We Love & Save the Trees !
Divemaster Training Course Prerequisites:
To enroll in the Divemaster Course you must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent (If you are not, you can do the courses missing courses with us)
- CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 month
- 40 logged dives
- Medical certificate issued within the last 12 month stating fit to dive
- Have 2 passport pictures
Divemaster Course Schedule:
Course can be done has a normal course or during divemaster internship
Divemaster Course “Normal”
- Duration 4 to 6 weeks
- First week your instructor and mentor will guide you through the first week composed of theory session, skills practices, dives organisation and some fun dives to get use to our boat rules
- Week to 2 to 5 will be assisting courses from Open Water to Rescue, assist our guides guiding divers, learn all you need to know to work in the dive industry and gain experience. At the end of the program you will have to pass the exams and skills evaluations.(Skill circuit, rescue scenarios, etc…)
- At the end of your training you will be certified PADI Divemaster! Congratulation!
- Duration 8 to 10 weeks
- This is a great way to learn you will train then work during the remaining time to gain experience has a Divemaster
- During the first 4 to 6 weeks you will complete all the training of your Divemaster course, the remaining time you will continue to assist and help us, consolidating your training by gaining experience. (Highly recommended to do the internship if you want to work full time in the dive industry)
- Doing the internship takes a bit longer but it will gives you a better chance to experience what working as a Divemaster means and gain tremendous experience, also will be much easier to find a job afterward
- Lot of our Divemaster Internship continue to the IDC with us and get a job afterward with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need my own gear?
If you are planning of being a divemaster and work in the diving world, yes you need to have a complete set of gear. You get 20% discount on our retail equipment. Dive gear are as well available for rent for 1500 THB/month (BCD and regulator only).
- Can I start the Divemaster course if I’m Advanced diver?
You need to be Rescue diver to start the course, we can arrange the rescue course or any course to get you to the level you need to be to start at special prices.
- Do you offer Free Internship?
No, nothing is free in this world, if you want good diving, quality training it can not be free. Your mentors are paid to teach you, that’s why they will spend time on you and get you where you need toe for being a great Divemaster. The course fee cover, food on-board, teacher fee, general expenses. Our Divemaster course is profit-free, which mean we do not make any profit from this course. (Our recommendation, stay away from free advertised training which usually mean free labor for cheaply run dive center, and can be quite a bad experience…. ) Choice is yours 😉
- Where can I work after the course?
Anywhere in the world
- Can I continue to Instructor course after?
Of course, we have special deal for you if you want to continue to PADI instructor.
Divemaster Course Prices:
|All included Price|
|“Normal” Divemaster course (4 to 6 weeks):(Guaranty 25 dives at Similan worth 70 000 THB +||Special
|Divemaster Internship (8 to 10 weeks):(Guaranty 40 dives at Similan worth 100 000 THB +||Special
|Accommodation||Start at 4500 THB(Fan), 5500 THB(Fan) & 10500 THB(Ensuite & AC)|
|Specialty courses||Special offers for our divemasters|
Not Included: Teaching Materials( DM Crew-pack 9,900 Baht), PADI certification fees AU$196, accommodation, food.
|Start Date||Spaces Left||Spaces Left|
|Start date are flexible||Joins us now!|
|15 October 2018||Internship 0 spaces||Normal Course 0 spaces|
|1 November 2018||Internship 0 spaces||Normal Course 0 spaces|
|15 November 2018||Internship 0 spaces||Normal Course 0 spaces|
|1 December 2018||Internship 0 spaces||Normal Course 0 spaces|
|15 December 2018||Internship 0 spaces||Normal Course 0 spaces|
|1 Januray 2019||Internship 0 spaces||Normal Course 0 spaces|
|15 Januray 2019||Internship 1 spaces||Normal Course 4 spaces|
|1 February 2019||Internship 3 spaces||Normal Course 4 spaces|
|15 February 2019||Internship 3 spaces||Normal Course 4 spaces|
|1 March 2019||Internship 2 spaces||Normal Course 4 spaces|
|15 March 2019||Internship 0 spaces||Normal Course 4 spaces|
|1 April 2019||Internship 0 spaces||Normal Course 4 spaces|
Dive Master Accommodation
Reviewed by Claire B. on
Best Divemaster Training ever at the Similan islands, Thailand
Signing up for a Divemaster course in Thailand with Khao Lak Explorer was one of the best decision I made. Khao Lak Explorer team is family style, friendly team, everybody got along, I feel like Khao Lak was my new home really soon after arriving there. The diving was amazing, manta ray, whale shark and all the daily “usuals”, turtles etc… Now I made the choice to extend my year break to continue in the diving industry. A life changing experience !