Deep Dive Specialty Course at the Similan islands
The PADI Deep Dive Specialty Course will teach you safety techniques to conduct deep dive down to 40 m maximum.
Want to know what it’s like to dive deep down to 40 meters? There’s something exciting and mysterious about going deep. The PADI Deep Diver Specialty course offers you the opportunity to go deep and see things others can only dream about. In this course you will gain access to some of those deep dive sites like wrecks by getting qualified to dive as deep as 40 meters.
The purpose of the PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course is to familiarize the students with the skills, procedures, techniques, problems, hazards and enjoyment of diving between the depths of 18 meters and 40 meters. Students will learn the correct use of Delayed Surface Marker Buoys, free water ascents, mandatory safety stops as well as safely planning no-decompression deep dives.
Throughout the course, you will learn:
- Theory behind deep diving
- The planning, safety aspects and benefits of diving to the greatest depths recommended to recreational divers
- Nitrogen Narcosis, making emergency decompression stops and how to set up a drop tank
- New hazards that may exist at deeper depths, such as reduced visibility, color loss and colder water temperatures
- Practice diving with a dive computer and learn more about safety considerations when planning multiple dives in a day
Deep diving is exciting, increasing the depth of the dives increase different hazards, this course is necessary to plan and conduct deep dives safely.
- Start Everyday!
Deep Dive Specialty Course Prerequisites:
To enroll in the Deep Dive Course you must:
- Be 15 years old or older
- You need to be an Adventure Diver or Advanced Open Water Diver qualified
Deep Dive Specialty Course Schedule:
Exemple of Schedule during liveaboard or daytrip:
Deep Dive Course: :
- This course will take 2 days to complete. You will do 2 dives a day and your instructor will go over the theory before and in between dives.
- You will do the dives during the liveaboard
- Each morning you will get picked up from your hotel around 07:30, full day with 2 dives + theory on the boat or after at the dive center. You day will finish around 18:00, depending which daytrip you choose.
Deep Dive Questions:
- What to bring?
Dive gear, sun-cream, towel.
- How deep will I be able to go?
40 m maximum, the interesting part of the dive sites are between 10 to 40 m, most of the time. Coral doesn’t grow pass 40 m.
- Can I take the course during my liveaboard?
Yes, it s a great way to do the course, you will do the dive during the usual dives of the liveaboard.
Deep Dive specialty Prices:
|All included Price|
|On Liveaboard: Liveaboard price||+6800 THB|
|On Daytrip: Daytrip price||+6800 THB|
Price all included, includes: PADI Book or online book, Course materials + Certification, taxi from Khao Lak.